Our Deaf Awareness Training for Fitness Professionals offer covers the theoretical aspects of Deafness and gives an introduction into how to work with Deaf and Hard of Hearing people, enabling participants to begin to empathise and start to consider how to adapt their practice with useful strategies.
Who should attend?
- anyone seeking a reliable and accessible introduction to Deafness
- anyone wishing to consolidate their experience in working with Deaf clients
- anyone who wish to learn how to adapt their practice to work with Deaf client or colleague
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to increase their understanding of Deafness and strategies to support individuals. It is relevant for those who support or work with Deaf adults.
- Gain an increased understanding of the Deafness spectrum and be able to identify main areas of difference
- Understand that Deaf affects people in different ways in gym environment
- Identify differences in how Deaf people may process information
- Identify ways of changing your practice and making changes to workplace to effectively support Deaf people
- Deaf Awareness
- Facial expression and body language
- Finger spelling
- Gym sign language
- Receptive practice and assessment
- Personal and fitness training demonstration
- Social media marketing
What is included?
Training will be provided at a venue of your choice and will be inclusive of:
- Training booklet and information provided for each delegate
- Completion certificate
- Access to online gym sign language
Bespoke training - at your workplace
In-house training for organisations: £1,095 (price includes all expenses and training materials for up to 25 delegates)
Many of our training courses can be run in-house to your team. Our training team can also create bespoke training packages that suit your individual needs.
For information on booking in-house training please get in touch by completing our training enquiry form. Our team will contact you directly to discuss this with you further.
Online training alternative
We offer online training on a similar topic with an introductory module Working with Deaf Clients.
Cost per online module license: £150